What Is Gelato?
Gelato is an Italian frozen treat that contains substantially less fat than ice cream. It’s cooled in a way that produces much less air and is served at a slightly higher temperature. Gelato releases much richer, intense flavor tones than ice cream… and it is made fresh on our premises.
Five Reasons to Choose Gelato over Ice-Cream
- Less air– Gelato contains about 20% air, whereas ice cream can contain more than 50% air.
- Less fat– The fat content of ice cream can be two to four times higher than Gelato.
- It’s creamy– Gelato’s texture is much softer and smoother than ice cream.
- All natural– Gelato contains no artificial flavors, colors or additives.
- Since gelato is served at a much higher temperature it lets the flavor come through more than ice cream, which is frozen at a much lower temperature.